Defending Your Workplace Rights
The lawyers at Mendez Isaac Joudi, PLLC, will stand by your side to protect your workplace rights. Discrimination can take many forms, and often, employees may not realize they are being harassed or discriminated against until it’s too late. Fear of retaliation in the workplace can also prevent employees from speaking out about discriminatory conduct. Our dedicated attorneys are here to help if you’ve been a victim of harassment or discrimination by your employer.
Types Of Discrimination We Handle
Discrimination in the workplace can be based on various factors, and we have the skills to address a wide range of issues, including:
- Workers’ compensation retaliation: If you’ve faced retaliation after filing a workers’ compensation claim, we can help you seek justice.
- Race discrimination: Discrimination based on race is illegal and unacceptable. We will fight for your rights.
- National origin discrimination: Your national origin should not be a basis for discrimination at work. We’ll work to protect your rights.
- Religious discrimination: Discrimination based on your religion has no place in the workplace. We’ll advocate for your rights.
- Sex or gender discrimination: If you’ve experienced sex or gender discrimination, our team is here to support you.
- Age discrimination: Age should not be a factor in how you’re treated at work. We’ll stand up against age discrimination.
- Discrimination under the Family Medical Leave Act: Your rights under the FMLA should be protected. We’ll ensure you receive fair treatment.
- Discrimination against pregnant women: Pregnancy discrimination is illegal, and we’ll help you fight back.
- Discrimination for refusing to commit an illegal or unlawful act: If you faced discrimination for refusing to engage in illegal activity, we’ll be your advocates.
- Disability discrimination: Employers must make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees. We’ll ensure your rights are upheld.
- Discrimination related to employee benefits: Discrimination regarding employee benefits is unacceptable. We’ll work to protect your rights.
- Discrimination regarding military status: Your military service should not lead to discrimination. We’ll fight for your rights.
- Discrimination for discussing workplace issues: You have the right to discuss workplace issues without facing discrimination. We’ll support you.
Discrimination can make the workplace unnecessarily uncomfortable, no matter what form it takes. You do not have to face discrimination alone. The lawyers at Mendez Isaac Joudi, PLLC, can be your advocate in the workplace as you pursue a discrimination claim.
Protecting Your Rights Against Wrongful Termination
At MIJ, our attorneys are passionately committed to defending your rights, especially when it comes to wrongful termination. We understand that losing your job under unjust circumstances can be emotionally and financially devastating. That’s why we fight tirelessly for individuals who believe they have been wrongfully terminated.
Recognizing Signs Of Wrongful Termination
Wrongful termination can take many forms, and it’s essential to be aware of the signs that you may have been wrongfully terminated:
- Discrimination: If you were fired due to your race, age, gender, religion, national origin, disability or other protected characteristics, it may be wrongful termination.
- Retaliation: If you were terminated for reporting workplace misconduct, such as harassment, safety violations or illegal activities, you may have a wrongful termination claim.
- You are fired, demoted, or suffer adverse consequences after filing a workers’ compensation claim.
- Whistleblowing: If you lost your job after reporting your employer’s illegal activities or unethical behavior, it could constitute wrongful termination.
- Breach of contract: If your employment contract specifies conditions for termination that were not followed, your termination might be wrongful.
- Constructive discharge: If your work environment became so hostile or intolerable that you had no choice but to resign, it may be considered wrongful termination.
- Violation of public policy: If your termination violated public policy, such as firing you for taking family or medical leave, it could be wrongful.
Employers are often subtle about actions that could be considered wrongful termination. We can help you understand the details of the situation and whether you have a wrongful termination claim.
What To Do If You Believe You Were Wrongfully Terminated
If you suspect you’ve been wrongfully fired, taking the following steps can be crucial:
- Document everything: Keep records of incidents leading to your termination, including emails, texts and conversations with colleagues or supervisors.
- Consult an attorney: Reach out to our experienced wrongful termination attorneys at Mendez Isaac Joudi, PLLC. We’ll provide you with the guidance and support you need.
- Gather evidence: Our legal team will help you collect evidence to build a strong case, including witness statements, employment contracts and performance evaluations.
- File a complaint: We’ll assist you in filing a complaint with relevant government agencies and exploring potential legal action.
In some cases, there are critical timelines for dealing with a wrongful termination or discrimination claim. The lawyers at MIJ can help you move forward to ensure your rights are not prejudiced.
How MIJ Can Help
When you choose the attorneys at MIJ, you’re selecting a legal team with over 50 years of combined experience in personal injury law and wrongful termination cases. We’re dedicated to helping individuals throughout Texas and New Mexico fight for their rights.
Our commitment to the Borderland community runs deep. We’re not just attorneys; we’re active members of this vibrant community, and we understand the challenges our neighbors face. At MIJ, our team stands as a better kind of law firm, tirelessly advocating for those without a voice and fighting for those who can’t fight for themselves.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Don’t face discrimination or wrongful termination alone. Contact the team at MIJ today at 915-289-0020 or with this simple contact form for a free consultation. Let us help you seek justice and protect your rights. Your livelihood matters, and we’re here to fight for it.